Central Pennsylvania Model Car Club
CPMCC Meeting photos
The Central Pennsylvania Model Car Club is a group of scale model car enthusiasts who meet on the first Saturday of each month in Mt. Wolf, PA. Meetings generally run from 11AM until around 2 or 3PM. It's minutes away from York, PA and draws members from Harrisburg, Reading, Philadelphia and Wilkes-Barre. Other members trek up from Maryland and down from New York State to attend club meetings and events.
As one of the oldest active model car clubs in the US, we have seen many changes within the hobby, some of which were exciting and some not so pleasant to witness. What hasn't changed is that scale automobiles still fascinate a widely varied audience, ranging from the casual collector to the first time builder, to the obsessed perfectionist who can't finish a model without turning or casting his or her own scale parts in the pursuit of accuracy. They're all part of the hobby, and all are equally welcome at our meetings.
Model car enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels are invited to attend a "get to know us" meeting and are welcome to join if they like what they see. Each member's annual donation ($20 for adults, $10 for the under 16 crowd) helps defray the expense of the Fire Hall we use and support a number of member-centric events throughout the year. Among them are a holiday party in December, an annual awards banquet, an annual picnic, and several other happenings and member benefits. A monthly full color e-newsletter keeps everyone up to date.
If you are interested in more information, please feel free to e-mail us at [email protected] for additional information. If you would like to attend a meeting as our guest, please be sure to contact us first since we occasionally move meetings from the fire hall to other venues, such as for our picnic and select other events.
- Founded in 1986, though many of us were gluing our fingers together long before that. Depending on who you ask, we are the longest continuously running model car club in the US. Either way, we've been at it for a while and enjoying every minute.
- Current Membership - Around 100 active members...and of course, some more active than others.
- Guys, gals and kids of all skill levels are welcome. (We encourage parents to join with their kids)
- Meetings - First Saturday of every month, with several "CPMCC on the Road" meetings held away from our home base at the Eagle Fire Company
- Primary Vendor Participants
- Bradley's Car Collectibles (Models priced to go home with you)
- Replicas & Miniatures Company of Maryland (The best resin you'll ever own)
- Newsletter - Classic Plastic (e-mailed in full color to registered recipients)
- Extra Activities (Dates subject to change...read your newsletter!)
- Holiday Party (December)*
- Annual Banquet (March)*
- NSRA Street Rod Nationals (June)*
- US30 Muscle Car Madness Club Display (July)
- Annual Picnic (August)*
- Super September Showdown Contest (September)
- Annual Club Auction and Officer Elections (November)
* = Free to active members (Club reimburses $10 of NSRA show admission, unless you got in free for working the exhibit!)
Visit us on facebook, too! (We're so hip and connected...)
This site was last tweaked or fiddled with on November 7th, 2016! No, really, it was!!